Monday, August 23, 2010

Robin Hood, round 2!

In 2006, the West Jordan Theater did a FABULOUSLY fun show called Robin Hood.  Probably one of the best times I've had on stage EVER, Robin Hood was a little different every night--different jokes, different things going wrong, different lines--it really kept all of us on our toes.  I have had more opportunities than I probably deserve to be on stage, but that show is numbered among my very favorite--even if, as Lady Clydesdale, I had to suffer an unbelievable number of horse jokes...

Fast forward four years later (that would be NOW).  Due to some very bad luck (the condemned Sugar Factory Playhouse) and the need for a simpler set, we have decided to perform Robin Hood again.  Bob (the director and the Sheriff of Nottingham) cast as many people from the 2006 show as were available (including me!), and we're bringing on some fun new faces.  We start rehearsals tomorrow--because we open in four weeks, on September 23rd!

How many people get a chance to do their very favorite thing TWICE?!?!  I know it won't be exactly the same the second time,  but let's be honest--it was very rarely the same the FIRST time.  Another set of performances, another opportunity for adventure!

Midvale Arts Council has graciously agreed to let us use their facility for our performances.  It'll be fun to perform in a new space, although I miss the Sugar Factory.

One sad thing is that I think Cody might have been cast in this show if he'd auditioned.  It would have been fun to do this show with him!  It's okay, though--the reason he didn't audition for Robin Hood is because he's already been cast as Ren in Draper Historic Theater's Footloose.  That's right--Cody is Kevin Bacon (I've always sort of suspected...).  I'll finish with Robin Hood just in time to watch Cody "put on [his] Sunday shoes..."

What a fun way to end the summer!  Don't you wish you had more drama in YOUR life?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved this one....great times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... my favorite thing twice? TWO of something I love? I wonder if I've ever experienced that?

    Congrats! Sounds like it'll be so much fun! And hooray for Cody too-- I don't know much about Footloose, is he the lead? Cool! And now when you play the six degrees of Kevin Bacon you'll be that much closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the shows you guys are in! Such talent you Crabbs have! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED YOUR SHOW!!!!!!!!
    (That seekie freekie trunk!!) =-)

    ReplyDelete